Instagram Introduces Guides
Instagram recently launched a new Guides feature which, in Instagram’s words, enables you to “curate and share products, places, and posts you love.” If you’re a little confused by the new layout, here are the steps you need to take to create your very own Guide:
- Go to the ‘+’ sign which can be found in the top right-hand corner of your profile.
- Select the ‘Guide’ option.
- You will be able to select whether you want to add places, products, or posts to your Guide.
- You simply need to type a title for each item, a brief description, and press post.
- You can, alternatively, click save to drafts if you wish to continue editing it later.
To note, if you’d like to add a post to your Guide, it needs to either be in your profile or your saved posts, so get saving if you’d like to give it a go.
(Image Creds: Instagram via Techcrunch)
In taking these steps, Instagram users can construct a flow of posts (with commentary) for their followers to scroll through. This Guides feature was created for a select number of health and wellness advocates, initially functioning as a mechanism to spread recourses for those struggling with their mental health in the Covid-19 pandemic. Now that this function is available to everyone, we can all share and consume tips, top-picks and recourses with ease.
Finally, for our previous #SocialShort, click here.